Baby & Me is a parent/child class that teaches, promotes, & develops the foundational skills of water safety. There are 2 levels in our Baby & Me classes that focus on water survival skills.
- Class Size: Max 7 babies with one parent or caregiver per child
- Class Duration: 30 minutes
- Pricing & Fee: Click to see
The program objectives are :
- Following directions
- Waiting for their turns
- Work in a group
- Separating from parents
- Building a relationship with a new adult
- Making new friends (social interaction)
- Breath control
- Back floating
- Front glides
- Back-to-front rollovers
- Propulsive kicking
- Face in, kicking, with rhythmic bubbles
- Safe pool entry and exit
* All children under 4, regardless of level of potty training, must wear two reusable, cloth, snug fitting swim diapers. These are available for purchase at the front desk.
The Baby & Me 1 class is a great way to introduce littles ones to the water! Our focus for this level is water safety, floating, and basic swimming skills. Baby & Me classes are a fun and interactive way for us to teach parents how to teach their babies to build confidence in the water. A few swimming objectives for this level are:
- Water acclimation by practicing bubbles and submersions.
- Front to back roll.
- Back floats
- Jumping and swimming to safety
- Swimming and kicking 5 feet independently.
Our baby & Me 2 class is designed to build on the skills that were taught in our Baby & Me 1 class. Our goal for this level is to have our swimmers start being able to swim more independently and prepare swimmers to age out into our pre school classes. A few swimming objectives for this level are:
- Water submersions and bobs
- Independent front float
- Independent back float
- Front and back glides with kicks
- Swimming and kicking for 15 feet